YourCott.com.au is a Cottesloe community and business information portal and directory.
Incorporating a Cottesloe Business Directory, Cottesloe Community Noticeboard, Cottesloe Community Information and local Cottesloe News.
You can send us stories, and let us know when is going on in your part of Cott.. just drop us a line
The YourCott Team
Cottesloe, Perth, Western Australia
In the 2006 Census (held on 8th August 2006), there were 7,066 persons usually resident in Cottesloe (Suburb): 49.0% were males and 51.0% were females. Of the total population in Cottesloe (Suburb) 0.2% were Indigenous persons, compared with 2.3% Indigenous persons in Australia.
In the 2006 Census, there were 1,683 families in Cottesloe (Suburb): 45.8% were couple families with children, 40.3% were couple families without children, 10.8% were one parent families and 3.1% were other families.
In the 2006 Census there were 2,895 occupied private dwellings counted in Cottesloe (Suburb): 69.7% were separate houses, 9.7% were semi-detached, row or terrace houses, townhouses etc, 20.2% were flats, units or apartments and 0.1% were other dwellings.
Cottesloe – WesternAustralia.com
One of Perth’s most popular beaches, Cottesloe is a wonderful spot to visit. Swimming, surfing, snorkelling, fishing and just sitting in the sun are all favourite pastimes at this premier beach location.
The suburb abounds with old, well preserved homes from the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Norfolk Pine trees, some more than 100 years old, line the streets. The Civic Centre in Broome Street is a magnificent example of the early history of the area. Its grounds are open to the public and feature large gardens, lawns and free barbecue facilities.
Cottesloe – Discoverwest.com
The western Perth suburb of Cottesloe Beach is one of the few beaches in Western Australia with ocean side cafes and pubs. The distinctive avenues of Norfolk Island pines, the colonial style splendour of the Indiana Tea House and the Spanish-style Cottesloe Civic Centre with its magnificent gardens all add to the culture of ‘Cottes’.
Generations of Western Australians have spent summer days and evenings diving into the Indian Ocean from the distinctive floating bell in the ocean at Cottesloe Beach
- 15 January 2017 : Are drones a help or a hindrance? – Perth Now (No Comments)
Perth NowAre drones a help or a hindrance?Perth NowSurf Life Saving WA this week started a three-month trial of high-definition camera-equipped drones at popular beaches in Perth and the South [More...]
- 12 January 2017 : Cottesloe residents journey to Beeliar in protest against Roe 8 – Community Newspaper Group (No Comments)
Community Newspaper GroupCottesloe residents journey to Beeliar in protest against Roe 8Community Newspaper GroupOPPOSITION to more containers on coastal Curtin Avenue sent about 15 Cottesloe Residents and Ratepayers Association (CRRA) [More...]
- 11 January 2017 : Perth’s mansion price slump could be coming to an end – The Australian Financial Review (No Comments)
The Australian Financial Review Perth's mansion price slump could be coming to an end The Australian Financial Review The median house prices for homes in well-known suburbs such as Peppermint Grove, Dalkeith and [More...]
- 8 January 2017 : Beachgoers warned stolen keys are giving burglars access to homes – ABC Online (No Comments)
ABC Online Beachgoers warned stolen keys are giving burglars access to homes ABC Online West Australian police are urging beachgoers to keep their valuables safe this summer, with a particular warning to those [More...]
- 3 September 2016 : Comedian’s art deco castle up for rent – dailytelegraph.com.au (No Comments)
dailytelegraph.com.auComedian's art deco castle up for rentdailytelegraph.com.auMinchin does still own in Perth, having bought a top floor apartment in Bel-Air, a Cottesloe landmark. He paid $850,000 for the two bedroom [More...]
- 2 September 2016 : Luxury sports cars the target of thieves in Cottesloe this week – Community Newspaper Group (No Comments)
Community Newspaper GroupLuxury sports cars the target of thieves in Cottesloe this weekCommunity Newspaper GroupSenior Sergeant Tony Booker said thieves took a grey 2009-model Mercedes from a Brighton Street home [More...]
- 31 August 2016 : Cottesloe residents campaign against infill – The West Australian – The West Australian (No Comments)
The West AustralianCottesloe residents campaign against infill - The West AustralianThe West AustralianHowever, a rowdy City of Cottesloe council meeting, at which Mayor Jo Dawkins used her deciding vote in [More...]
- 29 August 2016 : WA Open & US Amateur Champ to play Aussie Open – PGA of Australia (No Comments)
PGA of AustraliaWA Open & US Amateur Champ to play Aussie OpenPGA of AustraliaAnd now with just 80 days until his first appearance in his national championship, the Cottesloe Golf [More...]
- 26 August 2016 : Mosman Park and Cottesloe: fears bordering land rezoning could create development headache – Community Newspaper Group (No Comments)
Community Newspaper GroupMosman Park and Cottesloe: fears bordering land rezoning could create development headacheCommunity Newspaper GroupTHERE is fear development could occur on the Mosman Park-Cottesloe border, after State Government asset [More...]
- 23 August 2016 : How a Cottesloe boy became the best amateur golfer in America – The West Australian (No Comments)
Community Newspaper GroupHow a Cottesloe boy became the best amateur golfer in AmericaThe West AustralianThe Hale School and Cottesloe Golf Club product had some of his most loyal supporters with [More...]